William Grant Tank &Vessel, Inc. is currently looking to hire experienced pressure fitter/welder to join our production team, and qualified applicants are eligible for a one time $500 sign on bonus after 30 days of continued employment.
Essential job duties:
- Reads and analyzes drawings
- Adheres to all applicable governing codes (ASME), customer specifications, and company procedures
- Holds, positions and reads tape measure to assemble units, templates and small parts
- Welds various types of metals and alloys in vertical, horizontal and overhead positions for high pressure and strength requirement
- Sets up and operates welding machines and places and moves blocking braces and templates to hold parts
- Grinds rough edges, surplus weld, or scale according to blueprints, shop drawings and oral instructions
- Cleans work area, machines, tools and equipment. Performs other routine maintenance duties
- Proven experience fitting and welding pressurized vessels
- Ability to do mathematical calculations, especially trigonometry
- Proficient using cutting or plasma torch
- Experience using a variety of electrical and manual tools, welding equipment and procedures (GMAW, GTAW, SMAW, FCAW)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing
- Proficient in English
- Excellent communication skills, listening, comprehension and feedback
- Strong team building and decision-making
- High attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to handle peak work times
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, medium work, visual acuity
Benefits include health and dental insurance, supplemental insurance, Simple IRA retirement with company match, sick, vacation, and paid holidays.
Applications are available at our main office. Please send all applications and resumes to Plant Manager, Richard Schmidt, at email@example.com or via fax at 903-657-6200.